There are many ways to add your Google remarketing pixel to your WordPress site. There are probably more eloquent ways to do it than this. Here is one quick and dirty way to do it.
- Sign in to Google Adwords: https://adwords.google.com
- Click “Shared Library” on the left sidebar
- Under “Audiences” click “view”
- Click the red “Remarketing List” button near the top
- Select “Website visitors” from the drop-down menu
- Enter a campaign name
- In “Who to add to your list”, select “Visitors of a page with a specific tag”
- Select “New tag”
- Adjust the duration of the cookie or “Membership duration”
- After hitting save, you’ll get your remarketing code
- Copy the code
This is your Adwords Remarketing tag! Now let’s add it to your site via a WordPress plugin
- Login to your site
- Go to Plugins –> Add New
- Search for “Google AdWords Remarketing”
- Once installed, go to “Settings” and then “Google Adwords Remarketing”
- Paste your code in, and hit save.
- Visit your website, and check if it’s installed with Google Tag Assistant
- If the tag says it’s there, but it’s “blue”, don’t worry about it, it’s just a plugin conflict and you’re fine.