Learn exactly how to add Facebook Pixel to your Shopify site. The perfect guide for beginners and non-technical owners.
With the Facebook Pixel installed on the Shopify store, store owners can:
- Launch Facebook Ads campaigns retargeting your website visitors
- Discover new target audiences similar to your customers with Facebook’s lookalike audiences
- Perfectly track conversion rate from all your web pages and Facebook Ads campaigns
- Obtain massive insights into your customer data, audience’s interests, and demographics
The entire process of Facebook Pixel setup will take you about 5 minutes from start to finish.
Let’s get started.
This walkthrough has just 2 steps (and one bonus pro-tip):
If you want to save this tutorial for later, you can download a copy through the form below.
Get This Entire Walkthrough and All the Resources in This Post
Installing the Facebook Pixel on your Shopify store
First, you’ll need to grab your Facebook Pixel Code and add it to Shopify. To do so, you need to make sure your Shopify Account is connected to your Facebook.
You need to have a Facebook Ads Account, if you don't have one yet, you can create one on Facebook Business Manager.
Go to your Facebook Ads Manager, on the top navigation drop-down menu, click on “Pixels.”
Click on the pixel you want to install on your site. If you don’t have a Pixel yet, you’ll be prompted to create one instead.
Click “Set Up”. Then, you will be presented with three options to install your pixel. Choose “Use an Integration or Tag Manager”
You’ll be shown a walkthrough on how to take it from here—just click “Continue” and copy your Pixel ID from the Events Manager.
On a new browser tab, open your Shopify Admin panel and click “Preferences” under “Online Store” in the header section:
Paste Facebook Pixel ID on the right in the Facebook Pixel section and click “Save”.
Go back to Facebook Ads Manager and click “Continue”:
Enter your store’s URL in the available field and click “Send Test Traffic”:
The red dot with the “No activity yet” label will turn green and will show an “Active” status (it should take less than a minute).
Click “Continue” and you’ll see a success message pop-up:
That’s it! You now have the Facebook Pixel on your Shopify Store.
Testing your Facebook Pixel
Lastly, let's make sure everything is working properly.
To do this, you’ll need to download and install the Facebook Pixel Helper Extension for Google Chrome.
Then, open your Shopify store using Chrome and click on the Facebook Pixel Helper Chrome extension.
The extension should be able to find at least one pixel, and it should match the Pixel ID on your Facebook Ad Manager.
This means your installation was successful.
Understand your ecommerce Pixel Events
Learn how to get the most out of the integration between Shopify and Facebook Ads
If you followed this process, you’ll automatically have these events set up and sent through the pixel.
You can use these events for your Facebook campaign’s targeting, objectives, and Facebook analytics. For example:
- Launch a Facebook Advertising campaign targeting a lookalike audience for Facebook users who have visited a specific page or purchased a specific product from a product page or a product catalog.
- Use retargeting ads to retarget people who added a product to the shopping cart but did not add payment info or initiate checkout.
- Create custom audiences from your Shopify data sources for future ads or custom conversion to track signups to your mailing list.
- Determine which of your ad campaigns is more effective at generating leads.
If you’ve been following along, you’ve now installed Facebook Pixel on your Shopify store and are ready to run personalized product ads, made sure everything is working flawlessly, and understood the standard events that are being tracked by the Pixel.
- The Complete 29-Point Shopify SEO Checklist For 2023: In this post, we’re going to show you the exact, step-by-step SEO checklist that you can use for maximum optimization of your Shopify website.
- Shopify SEO Checklist Template: Create a powerful Shopify site perfectly optimized for SEO that will drive customers to your site and boost sales. Keep the checklist for reference whenever you want to audit your Search Engine Optimization, or if you create another Shopify store and optimize it.
- How to Install Google Tag Manager in Shopify: In this post, we will show you how to add Google Tag Manager to your Shopify website.
That's it! This is how you add Facebook Pixel to Shopify.
Copy Our Insanely Powerful Paid Campaign Template
Get the Paid Ads ROI Boost Walkthrough sent to your inbox, for FREE!
[Free Mini-Course] Launch an ROI-Positive Google Ads Campaign From Scratch
Get the exact step-by-step walkthrough we use to launch profitable search ad campaigns as quickly as possible.
Learn How to Boost Your Marketing Funnel With Facebook Ads
Reserve your spot at this special Paid Advertising Masterclass!
Create massively profitable paid advertising campaigns.
The ClickMinded paid advertising course teaches you exactly how to create profitable Google Ads & Facebook Ads campaigns as quickly as possible.
Massively grow any business with digital marketing SOPs.
The ClickMinded SOP Library is a collection of digital marketing strategy templates, with step-by-step instructions that you can use to grow any website.
Thank you for being a part of the ClickMinded family!