- Analytics will associate users and sessions with a single domain
- Analytics will not associate users and sessions with any domain
- Analytics will send an alert about duplicate data collection
- Analytics will associate users and sessions with their respective domains
One of the first things you should know about when using and configuring Analytics is how the domain of the web property you are tracking is defined as a “site” for the purposes of viewing your reports. The default setup of the tracking code is designed to make it easy for you to track traffic to a single domain or subdomain (e.g. a single website URL) that does not share user data with other domains or sub-domains.
For example, if your pet store URL is dogs.example.com and you install the tracking code with its web property ID on those pages, tracking is automatically set up to track user data only for this single URL. In a similar way, if you own the primary domain, such as www.example.com, and you install tracking for all pages on this site, user and referral traffic is recorded separately for www.example.com.
Learn more here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6205202
Get the Complete GAIQ Exam Study Guide: Sample Questions & Answers To Help You Study
Other questions from the Google Analytics Individual Qualification (GAIQ) Exam
Looking for more answers to the GAIQ exam? We have a series of short questions and answers to help you out throughout your journey:
- What data table display compares report metrics to the website average?
- What scope levels available for dimensions and metrics?
- Views can include website data collected before the view was created.
- What report indicates the pages of a website where users first arrived?
Double Conversions With Laser-Focused Google Analytics
Get the Ultimate Guide to Perfect Google Analytics Tracking sent to your inbox.
[Free Mini-Course] 7 Powerful Analytics Tactics to Get More Traffic & Sales
Learn how to discover hidden revenue opportunities within your existing traffic (without having to create anything new)
Learn how to massively increase your ROI with perfect Google Analytics tracking
Reserve your spot at this special free Web Analytics Masterclass!
Double Conversions With Laser-Focused Web Analytics Training.
ClickMinded is where 8,702 startups, agencies, entrepreneurs and students learn web analytics.
Massively grow any business with digital marketing SOPs.
The ClickMinded SOP Library is a collection of digital marketing strategy templates, with step-by-step instructions that you can use to grow any website.
Thank you for being a part of the ClickMinded family!