Before you begin: set up your environment
There are a couple of things you will need for this:
- A Gmail account. You can set up one here if you haven’t done it already.
- Install the Google Sheets add-on called Yet Another Mail Merge.
Create your Gmail Bulk Outreach Database Sheet
Once you are all set up, you will have to create a database with all of your Google contacts’ information. However you get these email addresses, you should put them in a Google sheet. So, here are the steps to follow for this:
- Create a new Google sheet using your Google account;
- Name it (in my case, this was “Gmail Bulk Outreach Database”);
- Set the columns for your database of email recipients:
- First Name;
- Last Name;
- Another Piece of Data (something you can use to personalize your emails).
Keep in mind: aside from the “First Name” and the “Email” column, all of the other columns are optional—you can use as much data here as you’d like.
However, it is best for you to gather as much information as you can about the contact group you are sending your outreach emails to—it will help you personalize the emails and increase the response rate.