There are only 3 default medium in Google Analytics i.e Organic, Referral and None.
Google Analytics detects three mediums without any customization.
- The first default medium is “organic.” It represents traffic that comes from organic, or unpaid, search results.
- Another default medium is “referral.” Any traffic that comes to your site from another website that’s not a search engine will show up in your reports as a “referral.”
- The final default medium is “(none).” This medium is applied only for users that come directly to your site by either typing your URL into a browser or clicking on a bookmark. In your reports, you will see these users have a source of “direct” and a medium of “(none).”
Learn more here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6099206
Get the Complete GAIQ Exam Study Guide: Sample Questions & Answers To Help You Study
Other questions from the Google Analytics Individual Qualification (GAIQ) Exam
Looking for more answers to the GAIQ exam? We have a series of short questions and answers to help you out throughout your journey:
- In Multi-Channel Funnel reports, how are default conversions credited?
- View filters are applied in what order?
- What data is Google Analytics Goals unable to track?
- What report indicates the pages of a website where users first arrived?
Double Conversions With Laser-Focused Google Analytics
Get the Ultimate Guide to Perfect Google Analytics Tracking sent to your inbox.
[Free Mini-Course] 7 Powerful Analytics Tactics to Get More Traffic & Sales
Learn how to discover hidden revenue opportunities within your existing traffic (without having to create anything new)
Learn how to massively increase your ROI with perfect Google Analytics tracking
Reserve your spot at this special free Web Analytics Masterclass!
Double Conversions With Laser-Focused Web Analytics Training.
ClickMinded is where 8,702 startups, agencies, entrepreneurs and students learn web analytics.
Massively grow any business with digital marketing SOPs.
The ClickMinded SOP Library is a collection of digital marketing strategy templates, with step-by-step instructions that you can use to grow any website.
Thank you for being a part of the ClickMinded family!