In fact, the most infamous example is perhaps the launch of version 5 of our SEO Course in the summer of 2017.
You think YOU’RE a mess? You have NO IDEA what a mess is until you’ve seen the train wreck we were working with last year:
- Our email list wasn’t organized, so we spent 2 full days just trying to figure out who we should and shouldn’t email.
- We hosted a webinar and sent a broken link to our entire email list, and then wondered why no one was coming.
- After the webinar, we sent 2 more emails with broken links. People wanted to buy, but they just couldn’t.
- One of our automated systems broke, people had paid us but they couldn’t access the course they paid for.
- The webinar was a disaster. I was in a small room with no AC and my internet connection was terrible. People kept complaining about not being able to hear or see me. I was sweating and it looked like I had been kidnapped by ISIS.
I think you get the picture.
That changed when we started using Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
SOPs are just really comprehensive checklists. They are EXTREMELY DETAILED instructions that anyone can follow to perform a specific task and get the same outcome over and over again.
We’re creating SOPs for everything in ClickMinded’s day-to-day operations. From small tasks that take a few minutes to complete, to complex processes that have dozens of steps.
SOPs allow us to operate large and complex campaigns (like this launch, or creating six online courses simultaneously) without overlooking important steps—which leads us to drastically reduce the number of mistakes we make and increase the effectiveness of our marketing strategy.
We created the SOP Library to solve a major problem for anyone trying to learn digital marketing.
The digital marketing content out there is too broad and vague.
I bet something like this has happened to you:
- You read a post about the SEO trends to look out for in 2017.
- The post suggests that you should check your site for technical errors.
- You decide to perform an SEO audit of your site but when you’re supposed to start, you’re more like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
We’re changing that.
Introducing the ClickMinded SOP Library
With the ClickMinded Digital Marketing SOP Library, you (or your staff) can flawlessly execute powerful digital marketing tactics with 99% accuracy, and grow your business faster than ever.
If we tell you to perform an SEO audit of your site, our SEO Audit SOP will tell you exactly what to do, which tools to use, and what to look for with an almost painful level of detail.
You can click here to get the ClickMinded SEO Audit SOP for free
Using our SOPs, you’ll know that you’re doing things correctly, with exact, step-by-step instructions on what to do next.
Plus, you can give our SOPs to members of your team, your contractor, or your virtual assistant and they will be able to perform the task instantly.
We’re VERY excited about the ClickMinded SOP Library. We are just getting started but we plan to continuously update our SOPs and add new ones that you can use for more and more tasks.
This is the current list of SOPs (updated July 4th, 2018):
Analytics and Tracking SOPs
- Add Google Tag Manager to a WordPress Site
- Adding Google Analytics to a site (using Google Tag Manager)
- Excluding own traffic from Google Analytics
- Setting up Conversion Goals in Google Analytics
- Verifying that you’re tracking subdomains correctly on Google Analytics
- Displaying subdomains in your Google Analytics Reports
- Setting up cross-domain tracking with Google Tag Manager
- Adding Google Analytics Annotations to keep track of business events
- Implementing and Analyzing Heatmaps on your Website
Content Marketing SOPs
- How to create awesome blog posts outlines
- Start and manage your editorial calendar
- How to Create Editorial Guidelines for Guest Bloggers
Conversion Funnels SOPs
- How to Create a Lead Generation Landing Page
Email Marketing SOPs
- Basic email testing
- Set up an amazing welcome email with MailChimp
- Grow your email list with a content upgrade popup
- Sending bulk outreach emails with Gmail
- Creating an email address with your own domain name
- Initial WordPress Setup
- Install Sumo on any site using Google Tag Manager
- Getting started with team password management
- How to Backup and Restore Your WordPress Website
Paid Acquisition SOPs
- Installing the Facebook Pixel on Your Site
- Creating UTM URLs to track your campaigns
- Creating a cart-abandonment remarketing campaign using Facebook Ads
- Create a Facebook Ads Account using Business Manager
- Adding AdWords remarketing tag to a site (using Google Tag Manager)
- Creating an Adwords Account
- Setting up Facebook Conversion Tracking
- Adding AdWords conversion tracking to a site (using Google Tag Manager)
- How to create a lookalike audience
- Setting up an abandoned-cart campaign with Google Display Network
- The Complete Page-Level SEO Audit
- Keyword research / Keyword Mapping
- Launching a Guest-Blogging Link-Building Campaign
- Performing On-Page Optimization
- Launching an Infographic Link-Building Campaign
- Setting up Google Search Console
- Youtube Video Optimization
- Resources Page Link-Building Outreach
- How to perform a URL audit on your site
- Create an automated search query report
- 80/20 Site-Wide On-Page Optimization
- Migrating an existing WordPress website towards SEO-friendly URLs
- How to Implement and verify a 301 Redirect on a WordPress website
- How to Setup and Optimize an XML Sitemap
- How to Setup the Perfect Robots.txt File
Social Media Marketing SOPs
- How to create social posts from a blog post
- Add social sharing links to your site
- Automate sharing your latest WordPress blog post on social media
- How to get traffic from Quora
- Performing a social media audit
- Starting a social media calendar
- How to Setup a Social Listening Campaign