For those of you that are familiar with Google Adwords always-changing user interface, I forgot to cap my budget and left Broad Match on, instead of Phrase Match.
That one little mistake cost my client $22,362 and nearly cost me my job.
That’s one mistake I did NOT make again. Total newb move.
Look, I’m the first person to admit that experience is the best teacher, and learning on the job is great, but you absolutely DO NOT need to lose $22,362 in 18 hours to figure this stuff out.
Paid advertising is HARD, and it can take a lot of trial and error to get it right.
That’s why a lot of people get discouraged with bad results and quit before being able to get to a point where their campaigns have a positive ROI.
What if you learned a repeatable process to launch ROI-positive campaigns that generate more leads and sales for any business?
I know what this has done for ClickMinded students:
- Your agency’s clients will see a massive return on investment from their paid campaigns—getting you bigger and longer contracts
- Your company will be able to compete against large corporations in highly-competitive niches without breaking the bank
- You will get a job or a promotion by learning the skills necessary to do one of the most in-demand jobs right now: paid acquisition manager.
I’ll be completely honest with you.
We don’t have any “secrets”, “hacks”, or “tricks.”
The reason for this is because there’s no such thing when it comes to paid advertising (or digital marketing, for that matter).
One of the most complex environments in digital marketing is paid advertising. In a single advertising platform, there are tons of ways to mess up:
- Millions of ways to segments audiences
- Thousands of options to choose from when creating an ad
- Hundreds of rules you need to follow
- Dozens of ways to organize your campaigns
- Way more metrics than you have the time to analyze
The only “secret” to being successful in paid advertising is to really understand the fundamentals of how things work and being able to adapt to constant changes.
That’s exactly what you’ll get from ClickMinded…
…and we’ve brought a world-class paid advertising expert to teach you: Monica Pereira, Digital Director at Ketra and Digital Marketing Instructor at General Assembly.
Monica is a total boss: she hasn’t just trained hundred of paid advertising specialist—she manages MASSIVE campaigns for a living.
Plus, Monica knows these platforms inside and out and has helped several NYC startups (in some very narrow niches) launch successful paid strategies.
The ClickMinded Paid Advertising Training teaches you EXACTLY how to create massively profitable AdWords and Facebook Ads campaigns.
This is just a taste of what you’ll get in this gigantic course.
How paid advertising fits into your business
- Discover how to think about paid advertising in a “channel-agnostic” way (this will allow you to maximize your overall return on investment)
- How to implement the ClickMinded Paid Advertising Framework to ANY paid platform (AdWords, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Quora, etc) so you can launch high-performing campaigns regardless of the tool you decide to use
How to boost your sales funnel with paid search
- Why paid search is more relevant today than ever (hint: you are not at the top of the search results even if you are #1 in Google’s organic search results)
- Discover the reasons why it’s not rare to find paid search campaigns with 200-600% ROI
- We’ll show you the other side with arguments AGAINST using paid search (with a case study of a company that completely shut down a campaign targeting 3,200+ keywords)
- Learn why different keywords represent different levels of “intent” and how each of them plays a unique role in a stage of your sales funnel
- Why you should start with AdWords if you’re just getting started (it’ll be a piece of cake to learn any other paid search platform if you do)
Cracking how AdWords’ keyword auction works
- Understand the simple equation that determines how high your ads will rank on search results (and you can beat even large companies with massive budgets)
- Learn how to calculate what CPC (cost-per-click) you can actually afford BEFORE you even start spending your advertising budget (and how to influence that number to your benefit)
- Why it makes sense to bid on keywords containing your brand name (even if you’re already ranking organically for those terms)
- A step-by-step walkthrough on how to find EXACTLY what your potential users are searching for (plus, the one simple step to get competitive intelligence that most advertisers forget)
- Understanding Google’s match types and how they can prevent you from wasting your budget on irrelevant searches
Setting up your AdWords campaign like a pro
- How to properly organize your campaigns inside Google AdWords (doing this right the first time will save you A LOT of time down the line when it comes to analyzing and optimizing your campaigns)
- A step-by-step walkthrough on how to correctly set up an AdWords campaign from scratch for a REAL brand in just a few minutes (we’ll literally show you where to click and which boxes to check or uncheck)
- Setting up and organizing your keywords using Ad Groups (plus, the fourth keyword match type that Google won’t tell you about and how to use it)
- Writing compelling text ads for search (and how to squeeze the most value out of each element of the ad)
Optimizing your ads for website conversions
- How to set up AdWords conversion tracking (again, we’ll literally show you where to click and which boxes to check or uncheck)
- A 5-point framework to audit any AdWords campaign performance (and figure out what you need to optimize)
- The FIVE most important key performance indicators you need to monitor, what they mean, and how each of them will impact your account
- The one report that most beginner (and some advanced) advertisers forget about—this report will give you massive insights on how to expand your campaigns and optimize your spend
- Leveraging advanced features to get your ads to stand out—the same features used by the top 1% of advertisers in any industry
[Walkthrough] Create an ROI-positive AdWords campaign from scratch
- Setting up your first AdWords account (and why you should avoid the “guided setup” if you want to take advantage of all the features you’ll need to create your first campaign)
- How to easily add your AdWords Global Site Tag and Conversion Tracking to your website without hiring a developer or touching a single line of code (you will learn how to use one of the most essential tools for a digital marketer: Google Tag Manager)
- Performing keyword research for non-branded terms and how to use a simple equation to determine the right budget for your campaign
- Building an entire campaign using all the inputs you’ve collected (plus, the exact template you can use to plan and organize all of your ad copy and assets)
How to boost your sales funnel with Facebook ads
- How Facebook plays a role in each stage of the sales funnel: from acquiring to traffic to building brand loyalty
- Why audience targeting is both a massive benefit of Facebook ads and a critical factor to your success or failure using the platform (hint: people don’t go on Facebook to look at your ads)
- Tapping into Facebook’s massive data set to segment audiences based on their interests, demographics, connections, and more
- Segmenting audiences based on the behavior of your website visitors or your existing email list
- Leveraging the most powerful segmentation tool in the world to find thousands of new prospects that are highly likely to convert (this is every advertiser’s dream come true)
- The ONE feature you shouldn’t overlook when you’re building a new audience (that will allow you to make sure your ad doesn’t reach the wrong people)
The Facebook Pixel
- Learn everything you can do by adding this simple, yet powerful piece of code to your website: from remarketing to conversion tracking
Dissecting a successful Facebook ad
- Analyzing all the elements that compose an ad and interesting ways how some huge advertisers are experimenting with them to increase conversions
- Understanding all the different ad formats and placements (and the things that will prevent your ad from being approved by Facebook)
- A proven strategy to architect your campaigns (success with Facebook ads is about more than just segmentation and ads—your campaigns NEED to be structured in the right way)
- The THREE factors that determine how much you’ll pay for your ads (and the different bidding strategies you can use depending on your objective)
[Walkthrough] Create an ROI-positive Facebook campaign from scratch
- Setting up a Facebook Ads account for the first time, using the Facebook Business Manager (and an overview of everything you’ll see when you first log in)
- Installing the Facebook Pixel on your site and setting up event and conversion tracking (without touching a line of code or hiring developers)
- Gathering, designing, and organizing the assets you’ll need to run all of your ad campaigns (and exactly how many variations you should create per campaign)
- A step-by-step demo of how to build a brand awareness campaign for a REAL company: from organizing your campaign, ad sets, and ads, to copywriting and launching your ad.
- How to evaluate the success or failure of your campaigns (and how to focus on the metrics that truly matter among the dozens of available metrics)
- Setting up effective experiments to optimize the performance of your ads
- Using UTM parameters to track your Facebook campaigns on Google Analytics (and beyond the Facebook Ads manager)