Look, it’s not just you.
I’ve met people at startups and massive companies that have worked with some of the best data scientists in the world—and analytics is still super hard to get your head around.
When it comes to digital marketing analytics, there is a LOT to digest.
- There are hundreds of metrics you can track and thousands of ways to analyze them.
- Implementing Google Analytics starts to feel overwhelming when you want to start tracking what matters: events, goals, and transactions.
- There’s never enough time to get tracking and reporting set up the right way.
It doesn’t have to be like this.
What if you could get 99% of the insight you need for ANY business by focusing on just 5 core metrics?
Don’t believe all the “big data” hype.
For most businesses, analytics is less about big data and more about relentlessly optimizing for the few metrics that actually matter.
Radically narrowing your focus can allow you to:
- Show your clients exactly how your strategies help them grow their business
- Easily track the health of your own business and make data-driven decision to get more traffic and sales
- Create a powerful digital marketing strategy to present to your company’s management
That’s what the right analytics strategy will do for you.
The best part?
This isn’t really that hard (take it from me, a B- student in 10th-grade math)
The ClickMinded Google Analytics Training teaches you EXACTLY how to double conversions for ANY business with laser-focused tracking
This is just a taste of what you’ll get in the course.
Understanding analytics within the context of YOUR business
- What you need and don’t need to do get massive insights from Google Analytics (and why asking a good question is much more important than figuring out the technical stuff)
- A framework to understand metrics that matter at each stage of the funnel (this will allow you to pick the lever that is likely to have the biggest impact on what matters)
Demystifying Google Analytics
- Why Google Analytics is the only tool you should consider for your web analytics (hint: it’s free and more powerful than most paid tools out there)
- The THREE core metrics that Google Analytics uses to track how visitors behave on your site (and how this can help you easily understand 99% of what’s happening)
- How to get the exact data you need from the FOUR types of reports that Google Analytics offers (this is what’s typically called the “AABC” of web analytics)
- Tracking your users along the entire path to conversion (instead of just focusing on sales and guessing how they got there)
Mapping Google Analytics to your business
- How to translate your entire business into numbers and reports (this is perhaps the most important lesson in the entire course)
- The FOUR steps to create a comprehensive measurement plan for your business (starting from high-level goals and going all the way down to analyzing a specific group of website visitors)
Setting up Google Analytics the right way
- How Google Analytics “Accounts, Properties, and Views” work (and why you shouldn’t just use the default settings)
- A step-by-step walkthrough on how to correctly set up your Google Analytics from scratch in just a few minutes (we’ll literally show you where to click and which boxes to check or uncheck)
- Keeping track of each of your digital marketing campaigns inside Google Analytics (and how to customize the default “channel grouping” to fit specific sources of traffic)
- The THREE ways to add Google Analytics tracking to a site and how to implement them (spoiler alert: you should use Google Tag Manager if you’re serious about this!)
Extracting actionable insights from Google Analytics reports
- Learn how to use Google Analytics’ most important reporting features in under 20 minutes (there are literally thousands of ways to look at a single report, but we will show you how to narrow down to view just most important to you)
- Understanding WHO are your website visitors using the Audience reports (you will learn how to know exactly what EACH customer did on your site before completing their purchase)
- Analyzing WHERE your visitors are coming from using the Acquisition reports (this is super important in learning the difference the channel that drives the most traffic vs. the channel that converts the most users—you probably want to focus on the latter)
- Determining WHAT your visitors are doing on your site using the Behavior reports (and how to find the most valuable piece of content on your entire site)
- Learning how CONVERSIONS happen on your site using the Conversions report (and what’s are the most common paths to conversion)
- How to get extra value from the same reports by analyzing segments (hint: you should probably look at customers and non-customer separately!)
Troubleshooting your analytics setup
- The ONE Chrome plugin you absolutely have to use to make sure your implementation is working correctly.
- Tracking your visitors across all the domains you own (you’ll probably need this if you have a membership site, use checkout software, landing page providers, or if you use an external content management system for your blog.)
- Our go-to resources for advanced analytics strategy, implementation, and troubleshooting.
Advanced Google Analytics
- How to use RegEx to create powerful filters inside Google Analytics (most analytics experts use these regularly to drill down on reports)
- How to track users who have logged in to your service or platform (even if they log in using different devices or browsers)