Tell me how close I am with this one. Most content marketing advice you find online starts like this:
- You need to have a blog
- You need to publish more content than what you’re doing right now
- You need to write longer content
- You need switch to video / infographics / podcasts / virtual reality / (insert the latest trend)
And I’m here to tell you that, like many other terrible ideas, this is a terrible idea.
Want proof? I just Googled “content marketing tips” and got 150 MILLION results.
A recent study by Ahrefs found that 91% of content gets absolutely no traffic from Google1.
People who blindly tell you to “publish more”, “create longer posts”, or “switch to video”, want you to spend more time and resources creating stuff that almost no one will see…and ultimately won’t help your or your client’s business.
Asking you to “just write more content” to get more customers is like suggesting you should watch the 1996 blockbuster movie “Space Jam” every day if you want to play basketball in the NBA.
It’s advice that kind-of feels like a solution, and it’s sort-of related to the problem, but it isn’t helpful at all.
We have a better idea.
What if you could create just a few pieces of content that drive massive growth to any business for years to come?
- Maybe you’d get more clients for your agency or charge more for your services
- Maybe you’d get significantly more leads and sales for your own business
- Maybe you’d get a promotion or a job in the company you’ve wanted to work in
Most content marketing advice you find online isn’t really helpful because it doesn’t address the true purpose of content marketing.
Content marketing is about using content strategically to:
- Attracting more visitors
- Converting visitors into leads
- Converting leads into customers
- Converting customers into repeat users and advocates
And to do that, you just need to answer this question:
Are you delivering the right message to the right people at the right time?
That’s what the ClickMinded Content Marketing Framework is for.
You can create content that compels your users to go to the next step of your funnel by delivering a relevant message right when they are most likely to convert.
We believe this is a 10x more effective way to think about content marketing.
You don’t have to churn out as much content as you can, as quickly as you can.
You don’t have to hire writers, buy equipment to shoot HD video, or even start a blog.
You don’t even have to become an expert copywriter.
You can use the tools and resources you have right now.