I absolutely love the Ahrefs Site Explorer. You can do some really deep backlink analysis on both your own link profile and your competitors. Here’s how they describe their product offering:
- analyze your own sites (for free!)
- analyze any other sites of your choice;
- visually compare several sites
- get quick summary for any url (limited free access)
- create detailed reports and export them in CSV for further analysis
- analyze SERPs of any domain/URL
It’s like a faster Link Diagnosis, and a more visual Open Site Explorer. Here are some of my favorite functions of the site:
The overview page:
Enter your domain and get an instant analysis of what’s going on. As you can see, this site has 677 backlinks, 40% of which are dofollow. They do a breakdown of the domain extension of the referring domains as well.
You can see the number of backlinks coming into the site on a daily basis… as well as the total number of referring domains pointing to the site.
As well as the anchor text counts for pages pointing to the site.
And of course, a detailed analysis of where the backlinks actually are, including the URLs, the title tags, the social media shares, and the number of internal and external links on each page, crawl date and more.
Ahrefs is definitely worth playing with. Give it a shot!